The Association of Professional Shooting Instructors
A membership organisation for shooting professionals
Why Join APSI?
First discussed in 1997, APSI set out to look after the best interests of professional shooting instructors.
- APSI was formalised in 1998 and is widely acknowledged to be the leading professional shooting instructor association in the UK. Whilst all coaching levels are represented, it has become the natural home for many of the leading coaches in both game and clay shooting.
- APSI enjoys a strong international presence, welcoming coaches worldwide among its membership.
- APSI has a seat on the British Shooting Sports Council, the principal interface between the shooting fraternity and Government. The BSSC enables the concerns of its members to be discussed directly with the decision makers.
- APSI’s essential shooting instructor insurance covers work on the shooting ground and in the field: it’s a vital safeguard to have in place should the unthinkable happen.
- APSI membership opens the door to many of the most prestigious shooting grounds in the UK, where the APSI qualification is a prerequisite for employment.
- Over the years APSI membership has grown to include major shooting schools and international members. It offers access to training courses, health and safety certificates and safety standards along with more member benefits.